Digital Marketing in Crewe & Stoke-on-Trent area
Betley Digital offers a free, no obligation consultation about the potential of digital marketing for your small or medium-size enterprise.
Some free advice, here and now:
- Before the internet, the adage was: “Half of your advertising expenditure is a complete waste, but you don’t know which half.” Not any more.
- Today, thanks to the wonders of electronics, computers, artificial intelligence, algorithms, light-speed computation and a few decades of development, we can see the results of our marketing in real time with analysis in incredibly useful detail.
- For those of us who grew up before the desktop and laptop computer, it’s very instructive to recognise that electronic technology operates at a speed of an altogether different order than electrical technology. And it’s that recognition, and realisation, that is your guide to the potential of digital marketing.
- As an example, when you do a search on Google, you can receive millions of answers instantly. For instance, I just did a search for “Holidays in Tuscany” and I received 21,100,000 results in 0.5 seconds.
- Similarly, if you post a message on Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn, or a photo on Instagram or Flickr, you’re reaching around the world in mere seconds.
- This realisation is mind-bending and intoxicating. No wonder the internet can be addictive. Caution is called for. Not all of this is productive.
- On the internet you’re no longer a physical person barking up the wrong tree; you’re a virtual being moving at warp speed, boldly, or not so boldly, going where no-one has gone before.
Controlling Your Flight in Cyberspace
- Will it really serve any useful purpose if you go into cyberspace with a website or some other digital vehicle? You need to know, and measurably so.
- Is your primary mode of marketing digital, or real world (a physical store; newspaper advertising, etc.)? Is your digital marketing profit-making in its own right, or an information provider, or a mere, somewhat necessary, nod to people’s expectations?
- When you’re thinking of trading in cyberspace, you need to choose carefully the vehicles appropriate to your objectives.
- Your website may offer a lot of information, but will it reach your customers? If it reaches your customers, will they engage with you? Are you actually onboard when they investigate what you’re offering?
- If you have, or want, a website, how much, and what sort of content is appropriate, and optimum, for your business? You might find a Facebook page works better.
- Some of the “social media” such as Facebook enable you to engage more readily with your customers; your existing customers (Friends, Likers) may be there when you send out messages; you may communicate more readily, and more personally, in real time on Facebook; you are connecting unobtrusively, not expecting nor asking for responses (unlike phoning or emailing); easy relationships are facilitated.
- Gathering email addresses from visitors to your website can enable you to send out news to a lot of qualified people; but is your impersonal email welcome? Could it be counter-productive? Something to be used very sparingly?
- Photography websites such as Instagram and Flickr have a vast audience and can be a way to reach new market areas. How good is your photography? Are you competent at graphic design, digital art?
Betley Digital offers a free, no obligation consultation
about the potential of digital marketing for your small or medium-size enterprise.
If you’d like to take up that offer, please contact me, Philip Snow, at:
or please use this form to enquire: